This recipe is my daughter’s favorite. It’s easy, simple to make, absolutely delicious and it’s the best dish to make when it’s dinner time and the clock is ticking . Usually I do have cooked plain brown rice in my fridge most of the time, I make 2 cups at once, so I can just blend it in with different foods.
As I say it in all my postings I do not fry, simmer, boil, or cook with heated oil. All my recipes are health oriented, I use oil only on cold dishes, or when the heat from cooked dishes cooled off for a bit. You can always adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Cross out the ingredients as you go!
- Carrots – 2 cup chopped
- Zucchini – 2 cup chopped
- Celery – 1 cup chopped
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 cup chopped
- Mushrooms – 2 cup chopped
- Sweet Peas – 1 cup – fresh or frozen
- Garbanzo beans – 1 cup cooked
- Tomato – 1 cup chopped
- Leeks – ½ cup chopped
- Herbs de Provence – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1 Tbsp, or by taste
- Pepper – by taste
- In a cast iron pan add the carrots, 1/2 cup water and cook them on high until the carrots are medium cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook everything until all the ingredients are a bit tender and the water evaporated.
- Once it’s done set it aside, toss in a handful of chopped spinach to get a bit of steam and wait a couple of minute for the veggies to cool down.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil and the juice from 1/2 lime.
- Warm up the rice in a steamer, or a regular pan.
- Use the 1 cup measurement to scoop up the rice and set it on a plate.
- With the same cup scoop out the veggies, make sure you press them in a little bit with the spoon to make a dense composition and add it on top of the rice.
For garnish you can use thin basil leaves and scallions, or green onions.
Enjoy your meal